Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Letter of Into.

To the community,
So I believe that the only way for anyone to really know someone is through time and events, but unfortunately at this time my classmates and I have not yet had the opportunity to really know each other.
I personally did not start reading and writing till half way into first grade, but once I finally got it I did pretty good. I have written a variety of things such as formal essays, research papers, imaginative stories, and much more. Of course most of what I have written has derived from the fact that I was assigned to do it in class. My best writing always develops from being passionate or exited about what I am writing about. I also have found that when I am in a really spontaneous. Of course the worst of my writings have come from being uninterested or uninspired about what I am assigned to write about.
I can only speak one language fluently, but I studied Spanish for four years. Although it seems that four years was not enough to really be able to retain anything learned. I think that that the variety of languages and dialects spoken in the world is fascinating, but I believe I just do not of the mind set to really be able to learn them completely.
Reading, where I begin, I do love to read. Yes that is a good place to begin. Reading became intriguing at a young age, all due to my beloved mother. Growing up in a daycare, during the summers she would read aloud to the children for quiet hour. She had the most amazing reading voice, and it always felt like I was right in the story she was reading. I found that the things I like to read the most are novels with authors that can make you feel what they wrote; the novels with substance.
I came to Humboldt University for a couple of key reasons. The first reason is to get a degree to become successful at whatever I decide to do with myself. The second is because I honestly just enjoy learning. I came to this university in particular because of location, price, and my major. I believe at this moment that I want to become an environmentalist, so we will see if it stays at this or changes along the way.
As a student I believe my best attribute would have to be organization, perseverance, and hardworking. If I don’t know something I will tell you I don’t know, but I will work really hard to try learning it. I am definitely a visual learner; I have to see something repeatedly to really know it.
Well that about sums it up, the only thing I wish to leave you with is my favorite statement. “Life isn’t counted by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.”

No comments:

Post a Comment